Planet GTP-802S The Best Data Link and Power Sourcing Solution
As more and more PoE powered devices need higher power input and long distance transmission. PLANET has released a new Power over Ethernet Media Converter, GTP-80x series. With the brand-new IEEE 802.3at High Power over Ethernet technology applied, the GTP-80x series provides the following key features:
- IEEE 802.3at / IEEE 802.3af PoE standard compliance
- Supports a maximum of 30 watts of output power
- 1000BASE-T port supports 10/100/1000Mbps in full-duplex mode
- 1000Mbps fiber-optic support (GTP-802/GTP-802S)
- 100/1000Mbps fiber-optic support (GTP-805A)
The GTP-80x series is a Single-port, Mid-span IEEE 802.3at High Power over Ethernet Converter designed specifically to satisfy the growing demand for higher power required network equipment such as
- PTZ (Pan, Tilt & Zoom) network cameras, PTZ speed dome cameras,
- Color touch-screen VoIP telephones,
- Multi-channel (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n) wireless LAN access points and other network devices that need higher power to function normally.
The GTP-80x High Power over Ethernet converter series is an ideal solution to deliver data and power to network devices directly via the RJ45 interface without the need of installing extra power outlets and electrical cabling.
Fiber-optic Link Capability Extends the Range of Network Deployment
The maximum distance between the PoE PSE and PD is 100 meters. To extend the network device deployment range, the GTP-80x is integrated with Fiber interface.
The GTP-80x PoE+ Media Converter is used to convert optical Ethernet signal to electrical Ethernet signal that allows two different segments to connect easily
It can convert 10/100/1000BASE-T signal to 1000BASE-X and provides different diverse fiber connecting types to meet different network applications.
The GTP-80x series and its fiber connecting type includes:
- GTP-802: SC Fiber Interface supports multi-mode with distance up to 220m and 550m
- GTP-802S: SC Fiber Interface supports single-mode with distance up to 10km
- GTP-805A: LC Fiber Interface supports multi/single mode SFP module with distance up to 120km (may vary on SFP module)
With the long fiber distance support, it still sustains the transmission performance as high as 1000Mbps. It works in the high performance Store and Forward mechanism, and can prevent packet loss with IEEE 802.3x flow control (full-duplex) and the LP (Link Fault Passthrough function) (LLCF/LLR) with the DIP switch design.
Furthermore, it can immediately alarm the administrators over the issue from the link media and provide an efficient solution to monitor the network power usage.
Quick and Easy High Power PoE Network Deployment
Planet GTP-802S series provides 52V DC power over Ethernet cables, just insert DC voltage into Cat.5/5e/6 cable, allowing the cable between the PoE splitters (POE-161S/POE-162S/IPOE-162S) to transfer data and power simultaneously for up to 100 meters.
Then it will spilt the digital data and the power into two kinds of selectable DC outputs (5V DC/12V DC) or (12V DC/24V DC). Thus, it reduces cables and the dedicated electrical outlets on the wall, ceiling or any unreachable place. Most of all, it also eliminates the time for installation. The high Power over Ethernet solution frees the security IP camera and wireless AP deployment from restrictions of power outlet locations.